General Data Processing Regulation – Privacy Notice
At Find Your Bearings with Angela Morgan we take your privacy seriously. This document explains what information we keep about you, what we use it for, and who we share it with. It also explains your legal rights and how to exercise them. We are a “controller” of this information.
1. What information do we need?
When you book a course or activity with Find Your Bearings with Angela Morgan we ask for the following details:
• Contact Details - Name, address, telephone number, e-mail address.
• Date of Birth – for National Navigation Award Scheme Registration
• Emergency Contact Details – Name and telephone number of who we should contact in the event of an emergency, together with their relationship to you.
• Relevant Medical Conditions & Medication – e.g. if you are asthmatic, or diabetic, or allergic to bee stings etc.
2. Why do we need this information? – Contractual
We need to collect this information so that we may plan our side of the contract we enter into when you book on to one of our courses of activities. We may use your information to:
• Add you to our e-mailing – you will be able to manage your e-mail preferences
• Manage risk and health and safety during your course
• Register you for an award such as the National Navigation Scheme Awards
3. Why do we need this information? – Legitimate Interests
We will process this information for our legitimate interests where applicable to:
• Inform and update you about our forthcoming courses and activities
• Raise awareness of our activities by capturing photographs, videos, or live streaming at events. We will use this for promotion, education and development purposes on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and our website.
• Respond to your questions and comments, and provide future support
• Investigate any complaints or concerns you may have
4. Why do we need this information? - Legal Obligations
We are legally obliged to process personal information so that we may comply with our legal obligations.
• The Equality Act 2010 which requires us to process information to make reasonable adjustments where necessary.
5. Other uses of your personal information.
6. Who we share your information with
7. How we store your information and for how long
All data is kept electronically, on Google Drive, which is password protected, and can only be accessed by us. No information is shared with any other third parties, apart from the NNAS as described above. Information will be kept for two years following the date of the last course you attend. After that, the information will be deleted.
8. Your rights
• You may change your communication preferences at any time or restrict the processing of personal data to specific purposes
• If you believe the personal data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete you may request that we correct it.
• You may request that we delete any personal information that we hold about you
• You may access your personal data through a “subject access request”, free of charge.
9. How to contact us
You may contact Find Your Bearings with Angela Morgan by e-mail at
If you are dissatisfied, you have a right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office at